My throat hurts! Oww…. went to the doctor today and turns out I have some kind of viral infection. Fun! Anyway – I’m on meds now and am hoping for a speedy recovery.
I took some time today after I got home to put together my homework for week three of my blog course. It’s sort of a self-portrait of what our blog is supposed to be about. The fun part is that I don’t realize what exactly is going to make it onto the design or not. So my final elements pleasantly surprised me! It’s a little travel, a little photography and a lot of home-made. We were supposed to use a manila folder but I always jot stuff down in my sketchbook I keep handy and decided that would be more appropriate for this. Enjoy!
A few details if you’re interested:
1) The handwritten letter is from my step-mom Mignon. She has given me some of the best letters and puts so much thought into them.
2) The sketches are some quick ones I had lying around. The colored costume is a concept I was working on for a Mad Hatter costume… more burlesque though 🙂
3) The pad of paper to the right is an old exposure recording notebook my Mom gave to me when I was first learning about cameras.
4) Colored pencils are my quick medium of choice when I’m sketching out an idea or drawing. They’re always lying around on my desk.
5) The photographs are from various places I’ve been. The coins are also from different travels.
I can’t wait to see everyone else’s folders!