I’ve been looking through my inspiration library and I picked out the colors I’d like to use for my home office. I plan to use the first row of colors to repaint the room and refinish my office desk. The second row is accent colors I’d like to use… I really like mixing gold with silver, black with brown, creme with gray.
More later with pictures of the pieces for the room and what I plan to do with them. I have my desk to sand, paint and distress… then a chair to reupholster. I also need to decide between these two rugs:
The rugs are both from IKEA and cost the same. Right now I’m leaning toward the stripe… I keep saving pictures with it in them.
Anyway, I’m going to go to home depot to get the paint today. I’m pretty excited 🙂
Image credits: 1,2 & 6. Decor8 ; 3. Desiretoinspire.com ; 4. Domino ; 5. unknown
It’s official. Summer has started for me. This weekend was full of eating outside on patios with the hubbs, running outside and taking a stroll with my best friend eating ice-cream from Cold Stone. I also got two big projects done which I will post on later. Surprise!!
Also – my boss sent me this picture from Japan. If you don’t know already, I work for a Japanese company here in Atlanta and my boss and his family were transferred back to Tokyo. I talked about how much I wanted to go to the Cherry Blossom festival there so he sent this picture. Evidently there are over 250 of these trees lined up along this road.
How was your weekend?
The esposo and I have a great screened in porch off of the kitchen that I love to sit outside in during the Summer. I’ve been tackling other rooms in the house and now my eye is set on this one. Right now – I’m trying to find inspiration b/c I’m a little confused as to what I want to do… My parents gave us some wicker furniture so I’d like to recover/paint it so it looks new… just not sure on the colors. Usually after I’ve gathered research – I can see a color scheme forming.
Most of these images I found are from Domino. I wish daily that that magazine was still in circulation. Sigh….
I apologize dear blog for the neglect over the Christmas holiday. My job gave us almost two weeks off so I was busy sewing, painting, and drawing while I had the precious time available. The new hubbs and I are going over to my parents for dinner soon so I have to make this a quick stop for now… just been thinking about my goals for the new year and projects I still haven’t completed! Today I’ve been running through a list of my resolutions for the early part of the year:
1. Find fabric and recover the sad little chair in my living room. (I got upholstery tools for Christmas yey!)
2. Play more with photography and start taking my camera everywhere with me.
3. Actually do something with the photos I take! Share them and don’t leave everything on the memory card…
4. Start a “reflections” series of photographs possibly incorporated with mixed media. I’m not entirely sure what that means but it’s slowly formulating in my head.
5. Practica espanol mas. (Practice Spanish more.)
6. Follow through with what I say I’m going to do… limit who I say “yes” too.
7. Sign up for my 5Ks as they become available – I really enjoy running and I don’t want to miss out 🙂
8. Zone out in interesting places 😛
Ok! Feeling good about this! Anyone have any similar items on their list?
(Photo by Ashley Fleishel)