I’m all signed up and ready to go! Can’t wait to get my craft on 🙂
I’m super excited that OLOL’s Smilebooth will be there too. Going to be SO. MUCH. FUN.
My throat hurts! Oww…. went to the doctor today and turns out I have some kind of viral infection. Fun! Anyway – I’m on meds now and am hoping for a speedy recovery.
I took some time today after I got home to put together my homework for week three of my blog course. It’s sort of a self-portrait of what our blog is supposed to be about. The fun part is that I don’t realize what exactly is going to make it onto the design or not. So my final elements pleasantly surprised me! It’s a little travel, a little photography and a lot of home-made. We were supposed to use a manila folder but I always jot stuff down in my sketchbook I keep handy and decided that would be more appropriate for this. Enjoy!
A few details if you’re interested:
1) The handwritten letter is from my step-mom Mignon. She has given me some of the best letters and puts so much thought into them.
2) The sketches are some quick ones I had lying around. The colored costume is a concept I was working on for a Mad Hatter costume… more burlesque though 🙂
3) The pad of paper to the right is an old exposure recording notebook my Mom gave to me when I was first learning about cameras.
4) Colored pencils are my quick medium of choice when I’m sketching out an idea or drawing. They’re always lying around on my desk.
5) The photographs are from various places I’ve been. The coins are also from different travels.
I can’t wait to see everyone else’s folders!
My friend Julie proposed that we put together a project list for the year and work through it together month by month. January is my month and I have about a week to get all the supplies I need to work! (we’re painting and finishing up some projects I haven’t done yet) Next month we’re painting at her place. I’ll be posting pictures for sure 🙂 Here’s my projected list so far (which will change a bit I’m sure):
(1) Jan – Painting: last bedroom wall, porch door, paint spots in hall, hallway door.
(2) March – Painting: Porch Furniture (White), paint porch ceiling.
(3) May – Pull up old carpet on porch and recover/paint with new material
(4) July – Dig trench and plant bamboo in yard for screen.
(5) Sept – Make stone walkway/path around backside of house.
(6) Dec – TBD.
Whew! Going to be quite the project list! But I’m very excited I have someone to finish it with.
Image (C) Ashley Fleishel
For those of you that love Etsy – you might find this funny… it’s a site called Regretsy. Basically – people submit crafts/handmade items that are either hilariously awful or just not made well enough to sell. The tagline says it all: Handmade? It looks like you made it with your feet.
Check it out for a good laugh. One example? The Michael Jackson cat toy.